Monday, July 12, 2010

Who Let The Dogs Out?

I had a very busy weekend, was out of town on Saturday and so I didn't get my long run in.  I only got 4 miles in.  Very disappointing.  So I decide to try to creep it in this morning.  I'm  actually on a taper week but was really shooting for 16 miles.  2 miles into my run I see a dog with no collar that decides I should be it's new owner.  This is one of those car chasing kind of dogs.  It almost got hit 10 times and the drivers gave me the dirty looks.  I tried to shake him a few times but he found me and enjoyed running through my legs.  Not so much fun for me.  Threw off my whole run.  I finally shook him when I went past a parking lot with lots of people.  But the damage had been done.  I only got 13 miles in today.  I hate runs like that.  I'm feeling a bit defeated.  Lost my game-face...  Hopefully my workouts will better throughout the week.  I'll melt away my sorrows as I sit by the pool with my kids this afternoon.  How do you get over a bad run?

No comments:

Post a Comment