Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ryders Eyewear, GU and RoadID Product Reviews!

Days before I left for Tuscon I received an awesome package in the mail.  The product I was looking forward to trying out the most were these...


I received a pair of Ryder's Eyewear!  I wore them the entire race and didn't even know it.  Meaning they're lighter than a feather.  When I've worn shades in the past I've had to keep wiping the bridge over my nose and readjusting positions.  I normally don't even wear shades during a race because they almost always end up on the top of my head. Without sounding all gushy, I really do love my Ryders shades.  They will now be a staple on sunny race days!


I borrowed a proof to show I actually wore them during the race!  You're not allowed to critique my race form...My quads were already weighted down with kettle balls, so whatever that my arms are crossing my body and it looks more like I'm getting my speedwalking on rather than running.

I also recieved quite the stash of GU products.  I choose to take the Chomps and Recovery drink with me for race day.  The Chomps were great.  I used cranberry apple during the race and they went down like gummy bears, meaning: extremely easy.  Unfortunately the recovery drink was left at the hotel by mistake so chocolate milk was my recovery drink on race day.  I will have many opportunities to try it out again, I love recovery drinks - they make the biggest difference.

I also just received another great product. It's called a Road ID - perhaps you've heard of it. If you haven't, go to their website and check it out.  I can't tell you how many times between my mom and husband they've said, 'What if something happened to you out on that long run?'  Now they have a little piece of mind. : )

It was easy to order.  I ordered the Wrist ID Elite sportband made out of rubberized band and wore that on race day too.  I was actually worried it would bother me while I ran but didn't even notice it.  Perfect.


This is my RoadID vacationing in Tuscon... : )  The good folks at RoadID even gave out a coupon number for all my friends:                  
ThanksDawn884579 

This will get you $1 off your next purchase!  Good thru 1/4/11!

So thanks to Scott at Outside PR!!!  I love all my fun new products!  And all these reviews are my true opinion...of course. 

Any products that you can't live without? 

What saves you on race day?

13 comments:

  1. I can't live without my EMZ toilet paper, truly a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Ryders, super light, I forget I have them on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apparently cannot live without my TP or my middle fingers.

    Kovas. go. away. and. put. the "egg-nog". down.

    I love my [non-time telling] 310XT garmin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why is it that gamin's don't tell time...it's a mystery...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to check out those Ryders! I have more of a problem on the bike, but the run, too...so I'm looking for something different this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need those Ryders! The RoadID I have already. Definitely a must! I'm so envious your roadID was able to go on a vacay! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My trusty New Balance cap and New Balance Trail shoes are my "can't be without" on race day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hat and my I pod..
    waiting to see if I will say my Garmin in the near future..Santa are you following thise blog? this was a hint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my Spibelt. Carries whatever I need - gels, tissues/TP, motel swipe key and money for the coffee at the end of the run.

    ReplyDelete
  10. outside i can' t run without my ryder sunglasses, they rock. and my garmin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I run free of most things...so I would have to say...I must have my jog bras on!!

    ReplyDelete