Thursday, October 28, 2010

Three Things Thursday

This is the 'on the road' edition...

1.  Neveda is cold.  Really cold.  Colder than Utah right now.  We stayed over in Reno overnight and even though you can see your breath out in the air, all five of my kids insisted on swimming in the outdoor pool.  And who am I to ruin vacation fun.  They lasted all of ten minutes...

2.I've been adding in the extra calories.  Yesterday I got to 2000 calories - I was shooting for 2400.  Today I'll get them in.  My stomach is officially pooching.  I went to bed feeling full up to my throat.  Not very comfortable.  I need to get some more fruit in today.  It's just a little hard on the road.  We should hit the Bay Area late this afternoon and I'll get a decent dinner in.

3.  Rain is predicted for the race on Saturday.  I did bring a light weight poncho, but I've yet to find a fix from wet feet.  Having wet, sloshly shoes for miles and miles - especially in the mud - is not enoyable.  I've seen people use duct tape.  Anyone got any ideas?  I'm hoping that it's just a drizzle.  We'll see as the days get closer...  At least it's supposed to be in the 60's, so we won't be freezing.

About to get back out on the road.  We only have about 4 hours of driving time, but I'm thinking a good 6 hours before we make it.  Aaaahhh...car trips with fam...doesn't get much better than that! : )

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I struggled to eat enough calories! For cold feet, rubbing them with Vaseline is supposed to work, not sure if it would work for wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. safe travels! I hope it's not wet on race day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the vaseline should work. depends on how strong the rain is and how wet your feet are gonna be. usually when I know I'm gonna have blisters, say on my toes, I wrap them individually with sport tape.

    stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the rain stays away just long enough for you to finish your race. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy napa....remember...you can only get so wet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always battle with eating while travelling. I just run with my wet shoes. If they are not covered with anything they seem to dry out quicker once the rain stops. Have a great race and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is getting colder here too! Brrr! Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete