Friday, September 2, 2011

Calm, Cool & Collected

Definitely.  Those words have definitely described me over the past few weeks.  I'm completely together.  Nothing big going on this weekend.  Just another marathon.  Another race, different location.  I've done this before.  Old hat. 

Those are the words that I keep telling myself.  But for some unknown, weird, odd reason my chest hurts.  I don't want to eat.  And the numbers 3:35, 3:31, 3:29 keep flashing through my head.  All the time.  I'm having a love/hate relationship with this race.  I can't wait for it to come and I can't wait for it to be over.

It's gonna be amazing.  No matter what I'm getting a PR.  That's for sure.  And...  I've got an ace in my back pocket.


Yep.  I'm chasin' this lady down.  She's heading straight to BQville and I'm tagging along for the ride.  Maybe afterwards we can hang a right and head over to abville so I can pick up a set of those too.  ;)

Training is done...for this go around... time to see if I did enough.  I'm feelin' like I did... 

Good luck to all the other racers this weekend!!!  I'm still out of the loop but I know I'm meeting Supermom Erin this weekend!!! Yay!  And good luck to Caroline at your Disneyland half!!  This weekend is giving off good vibes.  High fives, hugs, tears, smiles are all coming Saturday afternoon.  For sure. 

Calm, cool, collected.  Wait, I think I need to throw up...  No, false alarm.  Back to being calm, cool, collected. ;)


18 comments:

  1. yay yay yay!!! :) Good luck!!! I know you are going to PR big time! :) and EMZ is going to BQ like a man! ;) Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl. I'm tearing up as I sit in the airport. Why? Prolly bc that's what I do best-sensitive-what?
    Just honored to share this day with you.
    The. One. For. The. Record. Books.
    Freaking
    Adore
    You.
    [duh-like you didn't know that]
    this will be a freaking blast.
    See you in 2 hours.
    Make sure you have that sign held high [or tell me what kind of car you drive;)] I only have 4" heels on today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got this in the bag. Not many people have tested themselves so much at this distance over a one year span!! haha

    Oh, and PS... the new headline banner looks AMAZING! I'm a little jealous. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total faith in you! Continue to repeat calm, cool and collected. You'll start to believe it around mile 20, when it REALLY counts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! You're going to do great. I'm so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD LUCK DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending you energy and positive vibes!! Have a fabulous run and weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! You are going to do great! You FREAKING got this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck this weekend--it's going to be amazing!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will be awesome. You're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GOOD luck this weekend! You're gonna kill it. You're ready ... I think you are going to have an amazing race and I'll be sending good race and BQ vibes you're way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gooooood luck! sure you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck. To both of you. We'll be waiting on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  13. With Emz on your side you know you'll rock this race!! Good luck...BQ girl!! Can't wait to read all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeahh!!! good luck! you have some amazing women to run with and I'm sure that will help you all the way

    ReplyDelete