Thursday, December 29, 2011

Time Warp - Part I

Wait.  What??  December?  I'm now officially one of those people.  You know the ones.  Those people that always said 'There just aren't enough hours in the day.' 'Where did the time go?'  And when I used to hear them say that I'd roll my eyes and think, 'Whatever.'  But I'm there.  I can't believe it's the end of the year.  I can't believe I fell of the grid for three months.

I've had this little voice in the back of my head telling me that I should recap my year.  That little voice is actually from a certain someone that keeps texting me to blog.  So I'm trying to find my blogging fire again.

It seems that many of us have had an amazing year.  I feel particularly blessed in all that I was able to experience not just in 2011 but starting back in the summer of 2010.

So for my own documentation...geneology...historical records, my recap will cover the past 18 months, rather than 12.  It is a chunk of my life that I know I'll never be able to duplicate even if I tried.  One of the most incredible years ever.  And I still look back on it and shake my head.  So bare with me through this stroll down memory lane.

I went into the twelve not really having complete confidence that I could do it.  I told my husband let me get a couple under my belt and then I'll decide for sure.  So I started with Utah Valley Marathon in Provo, June 2010.


It rained.  I wore a garbage bag the whole race.  I bled through my shoe.  Finished about 4:30ish.  I felt good.  I knew I'd be fine for the next month.

July '10.  Deseret News Marathon, SLC.  This is the race where things changed a bit.  Where suddenly the 12 in 12 was actually began.  A friend told me I should blog.  Blog?  Huh?  What?  No thanks.  I can't even keep a scrapbook for my kids.  My husband talked to a writer for a local newspaper and told her what I was doing.  She said blog about this!  She wrote an article about me the week before the race and it was solidified.  No turning back from the 12 now.  I started blogging.  Racingdawn was born.  I know.  I need a bucket too.  Gag.  ;)


Me and my cute friend Lindsay that made me blog.  She ran her first 10K that race!  Oh yeah.  And #2 turned out pretty good.  It was a PR, 4:21 I think.

Lindsay and I also did Hurt in the Dirt that month.  A bike/run relay.  She biked and I ran.  




I drink my protein shake out of this glass every day.  No lie.



August '10.  Park City Marathon, Park City.  This race sucked.  Rocks.  Elevation killed me.  Hills killed me.  Miles 15 - 23  gave me a lot of time to contemplate, 'What the crap am I doing?'


Finish line photo says it all.  First time I heard a lot of cursing from others coming across the finish.  I might have shed a tear or two over this one but my fam was there.  Had to suck it up. 5:15ish finsih.  Uggg.


Can't be too mad when you have cute little ones that think you won cause you got a medal.  :)

September was a big racing month.  One of the funnest months ever!!!  First up:  Red Rock Relay.  If you haven't done relay with a group of 12 crazy ladies, I highly recommend it.


Roughly 200 miles over 30 hours in gorgeous country.  I loved it.  Wore me right out.

The next weekend I ran Top of Utah.  Loved it.  Love Logan.  New PR.  4:14!!!  Unbelievable!


Ran second half of race with a new friend named Melissa, from Colorado.  She kept me going til the end!


I was in the Logan paper post-race.  I can't even read it because every time they quoted me I said 'like' about fifty times in a sentence.  Yes I talk like I'm fifteen.


TOU is a beautiful race.  If you're running 50 states, do either this one or Ogden!!!

The next weekend was the Dirty Dash.  Only a 10K but I believe it took us somewhere around 2 hours to finish.  Total blast.





Seriously.  Crazy fun.

I'm already worn out.  This blogging is almost as tiring as marathons.  ;)  Part II I'll wrap up the races.  It makes me want to do it all over again right now.  Running is like nothing else.  So great.  

Part II teaser...


My sister turns my hair red.

:-)

4 comments:

  1. Sooooooo
    Freaking
    Happy!!!!!!

    Your photos are the best. Seriously.
    And I've been waiting my whole freaking life to see that red hair photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad EMZ stalked you into blogging again! Can't wait for part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back! Great recap of the first half of the last 18:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are back!!!!!
    love all the pictures! and reading the first part of the 18 mos recap!

    ReplyDelete